* “Beautiful Love” will be featured as the theme song for MTV’s “8th & Ocean,” which will air this spring. The song will be used for the theme song, commercials and for commercial bumpers.
*Also “Beautiful Love” was just confirmed for the upcoming film Just My Luck starring Lindsay Lohan releasing May 12, 2006.
*Entertainment Tonight & The Insider have posted an online contest with The Afters. Check it out at http://et.tv.yahoo.com/contests/
Quick Facts about “Beautiful Love”:
* #1 Christian CHR Song (2005)
* #8 on R&R’s Christian CHR most played list of 2005, #8 on Christian Radio Weekly’s most played.
* HOT AC Top 30 for 16 weeks (2005)
* #92 on R&R’s Hot AC most played list of 2005
* mtvU Dean’s List (2005): Music video “Beautiful Love” voted Top Video beating out Coldplay for that week
* mtvU Award (2005): Won Streaming Video for “Beautiful Love”
* MTV Music Awards (2005): “Beautiful Love” was a commercial break bumper
* MTV Asia (2005): Music video airplay & Advance Warning
* Fuse Network (2005): Video Airplay “Oven Fresh”
* Rolling Stone.com (2005): Music video featured on the video homepage for 3 weeks
* American Airlines (2005): Song selected for the American Way “Road Warrior” promotion airing during the in-flight video
* American Eagle stores (2005): Selected for “Back-to-School” campaign featuring the song in more than 860 stores nationwide as well as online
* Penned by lead vocalist Josh Havens while his wife was in Mexico on a humanitarian-aid trip. “Shortly after we got married, she left to help build houses for people who were living in shanties. I was back in Dallas strumming on a guitar thinking about how people say ‘love can change the world.’ It’s usually a cliché, but my wife was living out that ideal. That night I wrote ‘Beautiful Love’ for her and all the magical things that can come from love.”
Author: Media Collective
Date: 06 February 2006